SIP Trunking Service Providers In The U.S.
Which SIP Trunking Solution Is Right For Your Business?
If after research you decide that SIP Trunking is the right connectivity option for your business, the next thing to do is qualify providers so that you can make an informed decision rather then “getting sold”. We believe that knowledge is power and if we can equip you with enough knowledge then you will have the power to make the right decisions.
Here are 5 things to consider when choosing a SIP Trunking Provider:
• Monthly Pricing – This will vary from provider to provider and depending on the services offered and the quality of those services it could be the difference of hundreds of dollars from one provider to the next. I always say, you get what you pay for and this is no exception.
• Phone Number Porting – You may have an existing number that you want use, make sure your provider is capable of number porting (transferring) from your area of business. It is common practice that service providers offer porting, but it can be very limited in certain regions. Make sure that if you already have numbers in place for your business that your potential provider can transfer those numbers over.
• The Network – There are plenty of “providers” out there that are rebranding the services of others and piggy backing on them, which can ultimately effect the user experience. Make sure to ask if the network they are using is hosted and run by them directly, or if they use a shared network with another service provider. Eliminating the middleman can save a ton of headaches down the road.
• Network Security – This is a common concern for all of us, keeping our information secure and out of the hands of criminals. With the information that is being transmitted over the Internet you are going to want your SIP trunk to be secured with a solid, protected systems network and an anti-fraud system integrated to monitor feedback and mitigate risks.
• Customer Service – Like any other service provider out there, customer service should be accessible and available hassle free for the end user. Businesses run on communications, both voice and data, so if everything goes down you’ll want to make sure you can get ahold of your provider as soon as possible. A small outage could turn into a big headache.
We realize we are listing our competition here, however we are confident that after shopping around for pricing and experience you will ultimately end up back here with Threshold Communications.
Intelligent Call Routing | Hosted Business Phone Systems